Here’s a selection of interesting English vocabulary I have seen in the news this week:
- hacker – Suspected Twitter infiltrator: ‘I’m a nice hacker’
- comeback trail – De Villepin takes first steps on comeback trail against Sarkozy
- truancy – School system will combat truancy
- lovenest / love nest – David Curry forced to pay back lovenest money (more English expressions and idioms with ‘love’)
- lobbying – Hoon says he ‘got it wrong’ over lobbying interview
Did you see any interesting words in the news this week?